· We were one of the first in the area to achieve EPA Five Star Energy Star status and routinely apply these principles to our home construction.
· Independent third party Energy Star testing & audits.
· Low E and argon filled windows for state of the art window performance.
· Energy wall framing techniques that allow for more insulation in the areas that require it the most.
· Energy roof systems, which allow for greater insulation at the eaves, which is one of the largest heat loss areas of the perimeter. This reduces heat loss and prevents ice damming due to the heat loss.
· Air Shield air infiltration and sealing techniques, which seal the entire building envelope against unwanted air penetration.
· 1" rigid R-5 exterior wall insulation providing a complete exterior wall thermal barrier reducing the ability for moisture to condense within the walls.
· Spray polyurethane wall insulation.
· Continuous exterior drainage plane eliminating moisture penetration into the home.
· Engineered roof ventilation system providing moisture control in attic space.
· R-50 stabilized cellulose attic insulation.
· Fully framed basement energy walls with continuous thermal barrier.
· Minimum R-6 under floor basement insulation.
· Engineered ventilation systems utilizing 90% + furnaces, air to air heat exchangers and air makeup systems.
· Mastic sealed ventilation ducts greatly reducing duct heat loss.
· High efficiency power vent water heating systems.
· Energy Star approved appliances.
· Sealed recessed lighting fixtures.
· Compact fluorescent lighting.
· Energy Star approved lighting systems wherever possible.
· 7 day programmable thermostat.